This congregation started as a plant from the Hawn Freeway Church of Christ in 1954. We originally met in a small re-purposed army barrack on the original Kaufman Highway.
After 2 years, about 5 acres of land was purchased on Rylie Road and the original building was built. This original building still serves as our offices and classrooms part of the building today.
In the early 1960’s it was determined that the original building was too small and so a building project was begun to construct the current auditorium and building as we have it now. It has served well as a meeting place for the Rylie church of Christ.
We have been served by a number of good preachers through the years always had the oversight of elders and the support of deacons. Many teachers have taught young folks here and many of those have gone on to serve as missionaries, preachers and teachers all over the world.
About 2006, a group of Spanish brothers came by one Sunday afternoon and asked if we had room for them to meet in our building. After many discussions, the elders invited them to come worship here. There was one provision. We would not be two congregations meeting in one building. Their desire and our attempt since then was to be one congregation under one eldership that happens to meet and worship in different languages.
We meet most Sundays at different times for morning worship and at the same time in the evenings and on Wednesdays. We have combined worship services on the 5th Sundays when they occur. We also fellowship together and keep up with each other.
This is a little of what the Rylie church of Christ is about and from whence we come!